Saturday, March 31, 2012

Have you come to God?


Mt 7: 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

As you see, doing things for God won’t get you there.

As you saw two blog entries ago you will find God if you really want to. People are often afraid to come to God because they don’t want to be judged. This is a real irony because God is only your judge if you don’t get saved. Jesus died on the cross to pay for sin so that we don’t have to, but some choose rather to stay where they already are, under the law. Being born again is being born into the family of God. Since no judge has to judge his own son or daughter this is a good place to be.

I don’t want to be judged by God and I am therefore glad to be a part of the family of God.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thing it is that our sin has already been taken care of and that it is not an issue between us and God but rather if we believe in this great truth is what really determines our future! 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.' Acts 16:31.

    ReplyDelete