Monday, March 12, 2012

Giving

Giving is something that we don’t do just in church. It should be all of the time like prayer. Anywhere and everywhere we should be looking for opportunities to be a blessing.

I was with my dad one day as a teenager in a restaurant. We noticed two poor looking men each counting their change to see if they had enough for a shared cup of coffee. When dad noticed he quietly asked the waiter to offer them both breakfast “on the house” and not to tell them who it came from. I was so proud of my dad that I will never forget that day, it was wonderful to me. Every one of my pennies was so important to me and dad didn’t have any to spare either.

These days money isn’t as sparse as it was then. Giving is time, talent and treasure!!!

I hope that others are learning such wonderful lessons from watching us!!!

1 comment: