Saturday, March 6, 2010

Loving God, So That We Can Walk With God

We love Him because He first loved us.

God loved us before we knew to love Him. If we soak in his love then it can really affect us. It’s the difference between looking at a tub of water and having a wonderful hot bath.

Rev 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. :5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

Rom 2:4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

In Rev 2:4 he tells us to repent and in Rom 2:4 he tells us how.

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Matt. 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
If ye love me keep my commandments

The only difference between a person who messes up and; a messed up person is how long it takes to get up... and back into the presence of God.

Keep the garbage &; questions cleaned up.

Love keeps on being kind after suffering for a long time. Love doesn't envy. Love isn't boastful or proud. Love isn't rude or selfish. Love doesn't get provoked. Love doesn't seek fault but qualities in others. Love isn't happy about injustice but rejoices when good prevails. Love carries burdens willingly, sees the good in people, hopes for the best in people, and puts up with all difficulties. God's love never stops once it starts.

I love to put God’s word into my own words, not to improve it but to make me think about what he is saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment